Dorchester Chamber and Dorchester BID recognise the importance of raising awareness of mental health issues in the workplace. Early identification of stress triggers at work can benefit employees and hard-pressed business owners significantly.
To spread awareness of this important topic, we are arranging a workshop on Thursday, 28th March (10am-1pm) at The Town Hall, Corn Exchange Buildings on High East Street. The workshop will be delivered by Zenna
What can I expect at the workshop?
- Signs and impact of stress, anxiety and depression in the workplace
- External and internal stress triggers
- How to work past them
- The effectiveness of mindfulness techniques, from scientific research
- The principles of mindfulness
- Instruction and practice in mindfulness techniques
- How thoughts and emotions affect wellbeing
- The art of mindful communication
- The effect of nutrition on mental health
Why this is important
Spreading awareness of mental health issues and using techniques for stress-reduction has proved to have a positive impact on office dynamics. Employees report higher levels of wellbeing, resilience, decision-making and job satisfaction.
All delegates get a workbook to keep, helping you on your mindfulness journey, both at work and at home.
The cost of the workshop is £29 to Members and DBID levy payers and £49 to non-members including light refreshments. There are limited spaces, so early booking is recommended.