On Wednesday 26th September at the Bournemouth International Centre, there will be Dorset’s first show to help businesses and students connect for the possibility of apprenticeships. The Careers and Apprentices Show will take place between 9.30am and 8pm and are many opportunities for businesses to get involved.
Skills are the biggest challenge facing UK businesses and a highly skilled workforce is essential if we going to compete in the future. Dorset Chamber is delighted to be working with The Careers and Enterprise Company to help deliver Dorset’s a unique careers event, enabling Dorset employers to reach over an unprecedented 3,300 young people from schools across Dorset through one single careers event.
Why should my business attend?
- Unemployment is at its lowest levels for over 40 years, recruitment is a real challenge for business and this seriously inhibits business growth. Together with an ageing workforce, it’s crucial that businesses invest in their future workforce and market themselves as desirable employers.
- The size of the UK workforce is shrinking at the same time as vacancies for skills and labour are growing – apprenticeships offer businesses a fantastic way to develop and grow the talent they need for future. This event offers an unparalleled opportunity to meet young people that could be your future stars.
- Business and education need to work in partnership to ensure young people receive accurate and informative careers advice.
- You may be an apprentice levy payer and not be making the most of apprenticeships. This event will provide you with direct access to future apprentices for your business – and help you gain the best return on your levy payment.
- Employing apprentices brings huge benefits – They provide skilled workers for the future, increase employee loyalty and retention and increase a company’s bottom line. It’s proven that employing apprentices will enable you to boost productivity and competitiveness.
- Never has it been a more important time for you to invest in apprenticeships. The show will allow, students and young people, parents and carers to attend the exhibition and meet Dorset Businesses offering apprenticeships and allow you the opportunity to:
- Directly talk face to face with students, parents and carers
- Discuss careers and apprenticeship opportunity within your business
- Reach all Dorset schools through one single event
- Develop long-term relationships with schools across Dorset
- Over 3,300 students are attending
How can I get involved?
We have a fantastic range of businesses, both large and small across all sectors attending and you can be a part of these businesses that are strategically investing in their talent pipelines. To exhibit at the event we have ensured that the cost for employers has been kept as low as possible to allow the maximum number of exhibitors to attend. Registration for this event is £250.00 + VAT. This provides each employer with:
- A numbered stand which measures 3m x 2m, a solid structure shell to showcase your company and the opportunity to have access to significant footfall on the day. This is an ishell aluminum system with white Foamex Infill Panels (1m wide and 2.44m high)
- Two lights per each stand
- A table and two chairs for exhibitors (more can be provided at an extra charge)
- A complimentary pack of bottled water, event details, and lanyards for two exhibitors
- Invitation to attend a sponsored breakfast on the morning of the event for two named delegates
- Access to tea and coffee throughout the day (vouchers provided)
- Midday lunch & a light evening tea