Wed 23rd Sept, 9.15am – 1.30pm
Address: Blanchards Bailey, Bunbury House, Stour Park, Blandford, Dorset DT11 9LQ
Blanchards Bailey Solicitors are offering a series of 2 FREE Employment Workshops for local businesses. Each workshop will focus on a different area of employment and HR.
These workshops will be presented by Edward O’Brien from our litigation and employment law team and Lucy Mitchell who specialises in private client and commercial litigation.
Topics that will be addressed within part one of the workshop include:
- Explaining the Fit For Work scheme
- Managing sickness absence: Initial notification and keeping in touch
- How to effectively rehabilitate an employee back into the workplace after long term absence
- What to do when sickness absence becomes a problem
- The rise of stress in the workplace: Potential problem areas
- How to reduce your exposure to absence arising from stress
- What claims can be brought against employers is stress is not managed effectively?
- When will an informal or formal process be suitable?
- How much investigation is necessary?
- When is suspension justifiable?
- Issues with arranging a formal hearing: Absentee employees and dealing with requests to postpone
- Matters to consider to ensure a fair hearing
- Available sanctions: Which is appropriate?
- How to deal with an appeal request
Topics that will be addressed within part two of the workshop include:
The format of these workshops will be an informal presentation followed by group break outs tackling case studies and different scenarios.
The workshops will be held at our Blandford office. Arrival at 9.15am for a 9.30am start to finish at 12.30pm followed by a light lunch.
Only 15 spaces are available with a maximum of 2 people per organisation.