While we are updating the Chamber website as quickly as we can on all the latest Government information, here are a couple of useful links regarding the business support available at this time:
1: The Dorset Gateway, funded by the Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership and delivered by Dorset Chamber, provides an informed and bespoke service, free to any Dorset-based businesses.
For information about Coronavirus and to log a support request, please visit the Dorset Chamber Coronavirus web page. There is a Dorset Gateway Business Support Form available to download which can be completed and returned to them to help respond to you as quickly as possible.
2: The Government has outlined its support for businesses, which is continually being added to, so we recommend referring to its guidance for updates. They’ve also set up a new website which outlines this very clearly. Currently the support includes:
- All UK businesses are eligible to access the Coronavirus Job Protection Scheme to continue paying salaries of workers that would otherwise be laid off
- All UK businesses are eligible for deferring VAT payments for three months
- If you’re self-employed, income tax self-assessment payments will be deferred until 31 January 2021
- Employers to be able to reclaim SSP paid for sickness absence due to COVID-19
- Eligible Retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses will receive a 12 month business rates holiday which will be applied automatically to the next council tax bill
- Eligible Retail, hospitality and leisure businesses will automatically receive either a £10,000 or £25,000 grant, depending on their rateable value
- Eligible small businesses that already pay little or no business rates because of small business rate relief (SBRR), rural rate relief (RRR) and tapered relief, will automatically receive a £10,000 grant
Where businesses are eligible for business rate holidays and grants, it’s important to note that the local councils are awaiting further guidance on the award mechanism of financial support from central government. Once we have this information we will let you know.