Small scale grants are available to businesses in Dorchester, Ferndown, Portland, Weymouth and Wimborne to promote and support the uptake of sustainable transport such as walking, cycling, car sharing, public transport and low carbon vehicles in your area.
The grants are funded by the “Sustainable Access to Employment” LSTF using Central Government funding which aims to help businesses who want to encourage employees, customers and visitors to travel more sustainably. Organisations can apply for up to £3000 for initiatives such as:
- Installing cycle parking/storage/shower facilities for cyclists
- Improving access for pedestrians and cyclists
- Improving site access and links to public transport
- Improving walking/cycling/public transport signage
- Install electric vehicle charging points
- Provide designated car parking spaces for car sharers
- Provide site centred walking/cycling/public transport maps
- Encourage the uptake of homeworking, flexible working and web conferencing
For further details and to apply visit:
Bids should submitted by 5pm Friday 8th June 2015.