NB: This workshop is still planned to go ahead at this time
Chamber members will be able to get a discount to an Adult Mental Health First Aider course in May. Run by Zenna Wellbeing at Work, participants will become a certified Mental Health First Aider by completing the two-day course.
Mental Health First Aid is an accredited, evidence-based course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue. It will enable you to recognise those early warning signs of mental ill health and offer that crucial initial support.
You’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Dorchester Chamber will subsidise members to the tune of £100 per member business who attend the course. This will be limited to one member per business. The cost of the course is £275.
The course will run on 18-19 May 2020 at Borough Gardens in Dorchester. Further information and to book available via Mental Health First Aid course.